What is a Drop-In Assessment Clinic?
The Drop-In Clinic is a session for parents/carers who have concerns about their child’s speech and/or language development. You will have the opportunity to discuss your concerns with a Speech and Language Therapist and/or Speech and Language Therapy Assistant. We will briefly assess your child, give you advice and agree a follow up plan if appropriate. This service is for children with a West Essex GP. The Drop-In Clinic is for children who are preschool age. Children who are in school full time will be seen as part of the school-based service. Please be aware we do not carry out assessments of eating and drinking in this clinic.
What to expect?
• The Therapist/Assistant will find out about your child’s needs through observation, play and/or informal assessment
• You will have the opportunity to discuss your concerns about your child with a Therapist/Assistant
• Please be prepared to answer questions about your child’s general development • We may offer you a further appointment if more information is required You may have to wait to be seen, depending on how busy the session is. It is a ‘first come…first served’ system, therefore it is possible that if it is very busy you may be asked to come back to the Drop-In Clinic another day. If you arrive less than 15 minutes before the end of the session, you may not be seen due to time constraints.
• Any other professional reports (e.g. Paediatrician, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, other Speech Therapy reports, etc.)
• If an adult other than the parent is bringing the child please bring written proof of consent from the person with parental responsibility (e.g. Mother, Father, persons named on birth certificate, or social worker)
We aim to provide a quality service and welcome comments on our service.
If you have any comments, compliments or complaints please contact us directly at: Children’s SLT Admin Office, Kao Park, Kao 2, Hockham Way, Harlow, CM17 9SR 01279 342167 vcl.essexwest-SLT@nhs.net
Tree House Children’s Centre, Parnall Road, Harlow, CM18 7NG Sessions will be held on Tuesday mornings between 9.15-11.00am on the following dates: 7th January, 28th January, 18th February, 10th March, 31st March, 21st April, 12th May, 2nd June, 23rd June
Epping Forest District
True Stars Children’s Centre, Limes Centre, Limes Avenue, Chigwell, IG7 5LP Sessions will be held on Tuesday mornings between 9.30-11.30am on the following dates: 3rd March, 5th May
Brambles Children’s Centre, Epping Library, St John’s Road, Epping, CM16 5DN Sessions will be held on Wednesday mornings between 9.30-11.30am on the following dates: 22nd January, 25th March, 27th May
Hazelwood Children’s Centre, Hillhouse Primary School, Hillhouse, Waltham Abbey, EN9 3EL. Sessions will be held on Monday afternoons between 1-3pm on the following dates: 10th February, 15th April (please not change of day due to Easter Monday), 15th June
Spangles Children’s Centre, Lower Street, Stansted, CM24 8LR Sessions will be held on Monday mornings between 9.30-11.30am on the following dates: 24th February, 27th April, 29th June
Little Goslings Children’s Centre, North Street, Great Dunmow, CM6 1AZ Sessions will be held on Tuesday afternoons between 1.30-3.30pm on the following dates: 14th January, 17th March, 19th May
Room A, Saffron Walden Community Hospital, Radwinter Road, Saffron Walden, CB11 3HY Sessions will be held on Tuesday mornings between 9.30-11.30am on the following dates: 4th February, 7th April, MONDAY 8th June (Note change of day)
Services commissioned by: