We have taken advice from Public Health England to make certain that Noah’s Ark Christian Pre School are following the correct guidelines to ensure we have an understanding of the procedures we would need to follow in an event of a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
There are fact sheets placed around the Pre-School taken from the Public Health England website and you can also find a copy on our website: https://www.noahspreschool.co.uk/
To assist towards the prevention of contracting the coronavirus we ask that
- All parents, carers and staff are to use hand sanitisers as they enter the pre School.
- If a parent/carer is unwell they are not to drop off or collect their child but to find alternative assistance. A password will be required if the nominated person is unknown by the Pre School.
- If a parent or carer is suspected or has a confirmed case of COVID-19 we will ask that their child is also put into self- isolation for 14 days too. A letter from the GP will be requested to ensure the child has the all clear before attending Pre -School again.
- Any child who pays fees has had time off due to self – isolation and was well throughout that 14 day period then Noah’s Ark Christian Pre-School will offer alternative days if available to compensate days lost. If a child becomes unwell during the Isolation period then it will stand that the child was unwell and no alternative days will be offered.
- If a child is un well they must remain at home until well enough to return to Pre School
- If a child is un well and/or has a high temperature at Pre School they will be asked to be collected.
- All children are encouraged at both home and Pre School to wash their hands thoroughly. (Guidelines recommend 20 seconds each time)
Procedures for staff and children
Should a case of suspected coronavirus come into place at Noah’s Ark Christian Pre school we will not automatically close the setting but will work with the local Health Protection Team in regards to whether we close.
We may close for a day or two for a deep clean of the setting and resources following a report of a suspected case. Parents and carers will be informed by telephone and a notice will be put on our website and Facebook page.
If a case is confirmed of a child who attends or a member of staff, then as a precaution we will close the setting for 14 days in order to prevent further cases and for self-isolation of all staff.
If a case is confirmed that is not directly linked to the Pre School (Not a child who attends or member of staff) the management team will work with the Local Health Protection Team as to what precautions to take next.
Travelling from category 1 specified country/area
- Wuhan city and Hubal Province, China
- Daegu or Cheongdo, Republic of Korea
- Northern Italy – Lombardy region and Veneto region (Vo)
This list is subject to change, but was correct when printing on 3rd march 2020.
If a parent, carer, child or staff member has travelled from any of the countries or areas mentioned above then they will need to follow the governments advice and remain at home for 14 days.
Noah’s Ark Christian Pre School will keep a record of any children and staff members who are in self isolation. This information may be shared with relevant agencies, we will not need to supply personal details, just the date of isolation and the date they are due to return. This will help the authorities manage any subsequent outbreaks in our local area.
The Pre School will request a medical letter before a child or member of staff can return stating that they are clear from the virus.
Travelling from category 2 specified country/area
- China (except the areas listed above)
- North Italy (Except the areas listed above)
- Republic of Korea (except the area listed above)
If a parent, carer, child or member of staff have travelled to these countries or areas then they can attend the Pre School as usual – unless they have been advised otherwise by Public Health Officials.
If any parent, carer, child or member of staff believe that they have suspected and/or a confirmed case of the Coronavrius they will need to inform Noah’s Ark Christian Pre School by calling the settings main line 0208 505 5828 and/or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Public Health England
Health Protection Team